Now Available: VIEW Program Guidelines
- The Standards Committee is pleased to announce Guidelines for Volunteer, Internship Experience and Work (VIEW) Programs Abroad. Go to the Guidelines»
- Learn about last year's accomplishments and the many ways that the Forum continues to serve its members and the field of education abroad. View the Annual Report»
- The Forum's CID, a new tool for tracking critical incidents that occur while students are abroad, is now available for use by Forum member institutions. More»
- The Forum’s first Award for Excellence in Education Abroad Curriculum Design goes to Alice Layton of Lesley University’s Guyana Lesley Abroad Service Semester (GLASS) program, for her course in “Indigenous Natural Resource Ecology.” More»
- The Forum on Education Abroad, in partnership with Dickinson College, the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), and the AIFS Foundation announce the creation of the AIFS/AIFS Foundation Education Abroad Special Collection. More»
- The Curriculum Cooperative is an online resource center where faculty and administrators from Forum member institutions and organizations share their unique approaches to encouraging student learning abroad. More»
The Forum on Education Abroad welcomes as members all institutions of higher education, organizations, and agencies who are committed to improving education abroad. Members join a community that sets the Standards of Good Practice for the field and they receive the many benefits and services offered by the Forum.
Learn more: See the complete list of membership benefits and details on how to join!
Interested in initiating a project or working group? Is there a topic you think the Forum should address? Let us know: New Project-New Working Group.
- "New and Emerging Paradigms for Education Abroad" will be the theme for the Forum's Tenth Annual Conference in San Diego, CA, April 2-4, 2014.
Conference Quick Links:
Early-bird registration rates end on January 31.
The Fireside Dialogue on "Mental Health Concerns in Education Abroad" will be held in conjunction with the 10th Annual Conference. The deadline to apply is November 25.
Institutional members in the west coast region are invited to serve as host institutions for the 2014 Annual Conference. For details, contact the Forum at email@example.com.
The 2014 Annual Conference will be held at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.
Pre-conference workshop offerings are now posted. The schedule includes full-day and half-day options.
Session descriptions and schedule are now available.
NEW this year: the exhibit hall will be open for 2 days!
The Forum has a limited amount of funding available to assist individuals in attending the Forum Conference. Grant applications are due December 4.
This grant award is given to faculty members or education abroad colleagues who have been especially effective in contributing to innovations in education abroad program design. Deadline to apply is December 11.
Events and Training
- Upcoming Forum workshop on Standards 2 and 3 at Virginia Commonwealth University. More»
- Now accepting session proposals for the Forum's 5th Standards of Good Practice Institute on "Beyond the Basics of Health, Safety, Security and Risk Management." More»
- The Standards of Good Practice Institute, “Curriculum, Teaching and Education Abroad,” was held November 19, 2013 at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. More»
- Click on the highlighted dates below to see details on upcoming Forum events, trainings and deadlines.
Click here for a full list of events.