Getting to Boston By Air
Boston's Logan Airport is serviced by all major airlines, including discount airlines Jet Blue and AirTran. Transportation options from the airport to the hotel are:
- Hotel Shuttle: The Park Plaza has a shuttle service that comes around to the airport terminals every half an hour on the hour. The service is Ultimate Livery and Shuttle Corp. and costs $17 each way. Service runs from 6:30am to 5:30pm. You may make reservations by visiting their website, calling 888-437-4379, via email or at the Park Plaza's concierge desk. (Ultimate also provides private town car service for up to 3 people for $75 each way or private van service for up to 10 people for $105 each way.)
Private Shuttles: Other private shuttle companies offer van service to and from Boston Logan and all major hotels, including the Park Plaza. Click here to see a complete list of all private shuttle services.
Taxi: Boston taxis are available at Logan terminals 24 hours a day and charge a metered rate. Expect to pay between $30 and $35 plus tip.
- Public Transportation: The easiest and cheapest way to take public transportation to the Park Plaza is to take the Silver Line (SL1) from your terminal to South Station, where you will transfer to the Red Line. Take the Red Line towards Alewife and get off at the Park Street station, where the Red Line and Green Line intersect. Take any Green Line train (towards Kenmore) to Arlington Station (two stops). The cost of the Silver Line is $2.00 if you pay in cash or buy a Charlie ticket (sold inside your terminal). If you purchase a Charlie Card for multiple rides, the cost is $1.70. You do not have to pay to switch to the Red Line. The Silver Line runs about every 10-15 minutes and can be accessed at the ground transportation and baggage claim level, on the far end of your terminal (walk out any door and turn right).
Amtrak services South Station and has both regular and Acela service from Washington DC to Boston, stopping in major cities along its route.
Greyhound and Peter Pan/Bonanza are the main companies servicing Boston and arrive into South Station. The Lucky Star bus company also operates buses daily to and from New York City into South Station.
Public transportation is a convenient way to travel from South Station to the hotel. Take the Red Line towards Alewife and get off at the Park Street station, where the Red Line and Green Line intersect. Transfer to the Green Line (Lechmere-Kenmore) to the Arlington Station (two stops).
There are also regional bus companies that operate bus service to Logan Airport, : C&J Trailways, Concord Trailways, and Vermont Transit Lines. From Logan, you have several options for travel to the hotel (See "By Air").
Address, map, and driving directions are available at the Park Plaza's website. There are a variety of options for parking:
- Park Plaza: The Park Plaza Hotel offers valet parking service which is available for a cost of $38.00 per day.
- Motor Mart Garage: Directly across the street from the Boston Park Plaza Hotel sits the Motor Mart Garage. Offering 24-hour access, visible security, and a clean, friendly environment, it costs $28 per day. Visit www.motormartgarage.com.
- Boston Common Garage: The Boston Common Garage entrance is located at 0 Charles Street, Boston, MA. The conveniently located garage is on the edge of the Common between Beacon and Boylston Streets, the subterranean lot is just a short distance away from popular Newbury Street and Chinatown, the Theater District, and Downtown Crossing. The Undercommon Parking Garage is run by Allright Boston Parking. For more information please call (617) 954-2096 or (617) 954-2034. Rates start at $5 an hour on weekdays, the 24-hour maximum charge is $25.00
A less expensive option is to park at one of the low-cost parking options north, south and west of Boston and use public transportation to the Park Plaza.
MBTA Stations: Alewife (northwest of the city), Red Line, $5.00 per day; Woodland Hill (west of the city off I-90-I-95), Green Line, $4.00 per day; Quincy Center (south of the city, off I-93), Red Line, $5.00 per day.
Check out the MBTA website for additional information on parking at MBTA and Commuter Rail stations.
The Park Plaza is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Boston, and walking is a great way to get around!
Public transportation is plentiful in Boston and the major MBTA subway line ( the “T”) that serves the Park Plaza is the Green Line. The most convenient stop is Arlington Station, but you can easily walk to other MBTA lines from the Park Plaza. Most major landmarks are accessible by the T. To download a MBTA map, click here. The closest Orange Line stop is Chinatown, for the Blue Line it is Government Center, and for the Red Line, Park Street. If you are taking the Green Line outbound, please note that there are several lines, and each deviates after the Kenmore station.