The Forum offers many publications related to the field of education abroad.
- Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad, 4th Edition, 2011
- Code of Ethics for Education Abroad, 2nd Edition, 2011
- Education Abroad Glossary, 2nd Edition, 2011
- State of the Field Survey 2009
- Preliminary Report: The Forum Education Abroad Incident Database Pilot Project
- A Guide to Outcomes Assessment in Education Abroad
- A History of US Study Abroad: Beginnings to 1965
- A History of US Study Abroad: 1965- Present
- Forum on Education Abroad: A Tenth Anniversary Celebration
Customized Interactive Workshops
Developing and delivering training can be a challenge. With The Forum on Education Abroad’s Customized Standards Workshops, you can provide timely, customized workshops grounded in the Standards that focus on issues of concern to your organization. Or perhaps your organization would like to host a workshop for your colleagues in the region. Either way, the Forum is prepared to deliver.
See Customized Standards of Good Practice Workshops for complete details.
Research: Data, Outcomes and Advocacy
Research provides the foundation for the Forum's mission to advance quality in education abroad. By developing and implementing a range of significant research initiatives, the Forum is advancing knowledge about education abroad through:
- Data Collection
- 2013 Institutional and Program Resources Survey
- The Forum Education Abroad Glossary
- Forum-IIE Snapshot Survey
- The Forum State of the Field Survey
- Incident Database Pilot Project
- Forum Pathways Survey
- Program Management Survey
- READ Database
- Advocacy Resources and Initiatives
- NEW! AIFS/AIFS Foundation Education Abroad Special Collection
The Curriculum Cooperative is an online resource center where faculty and administrators from Forum member institutions and organizations share their unique approaches to encouraging student learning abroad. The Cooperative contains education abroad course and program profiles, as well as video and text interviews with faculty and administrators, sample syllabi, and more. Contributions are indexed by program type, sponsor type, duration, location and other variables. Contributions will be accepted an on ongoing basis, and updates to the Cooperative will be made continuously.
Click here to learn more about the Curriculum Cooperative and other initiatives related to Education Abroad curriculum design.
The Standards Toolbox
The Standards Toolbox is a multi-faceted resource developed to support Forum members by providing examples of best practices, and access to proprietary resources developed by the Forum on Education Abroad for use by its members.
The Standards Toolbox is also where the Forum posts communications to its members, such as drafts of documents reserved for member comment, and it acts as the portal to the Forum's Ethics Corner discussions.
The Forum News is a free e-newsletter from the Forum with information about upcoming events, research, member opportunities and the latest in the field of study abroad. Forum members, non-members, professionals at large and the general public are welcome to subscribe.
Forum Jobs lists open positions posted by Forum members. To view open positions or to post a position, visit:
The Forum Internship Connection on LinkedIn is designed to connect students and recent graduates seeking internships with education abroad offices and organizations seeking interns. All internship seekers are encouraged to join; however, use of this group to recruit interns is limited to staff from Forum member institutions and organizations.