Research on Education Abroad Database (READ)
The Data Committee has created the Research on Education Abroad Database (READ), a new, online database of research projects in education abroad.
READ is open to both members of the Forum and non-members. It is a service to the field of education abroad. To login, the username is FORUM followed immediately by any number between 1 and 90. The password is GUEST followed immediately by the same number.
username = FORUM1
password = GUEST1
username = FORUM90
password = GUEST90
If you do not gain access with the first number you try, it is most likely that another user has selected the same number. Simply try another number between 1 and 90.
Contributions are welcome from both Forum members and non- members.
If you would like to submit a project, email Vija G. Mendelson the following information:
- Investigator/Institution - If there are multiple investigators, please include all names.
- Title of Study - If longer than 10 words, please rephrase or shorten if possible.
- Objectives/Hypotheses - The goals of your study and/or your guiding research questions
- Instruments/Methodology - List the instruments used, as well as the timing of administration – pre, post, etc.
- Findings/Conclusions - Preliminary findings are acceptable, if only some phases of a multi-phase study have been completed.
- Year Completed - If not yet completed, the year you expect to complete the bulk of your data collection/analysis.
- Contact Information - Email address is preferred. Please list one for each investigator.
- Further Resources - Links to articles published on the study that are available online. You can also attach to your message a PDF copy of any PowerPoint presentations or handouts you have prepared for past conference presentations on this research, and we will make it available in the database.
A sample record can be downloaded for your review.